MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

YOU SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED IN 6 SECONDS. IF NOT, VISIT
thatcortniegirl.com
AND UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!

Friday, February 24

Dear Belly

Dear Belly,

You, oh you. You're a plump little lady like me, aren't ya? Last night, before you and I ate dinner, I looked at you. My tanktop was covering you up, but you looked so content in that moment. You were growling, you were a hungry womyn! Sometimes I'm afraid of bathing suits.. especially bikinis! I hope to be as brave as this womyn soon. And I hope to never have to refer to being brave in order to wear a bikini again.




When we shower, I get you all soapy and clean. I make you happy, I hope.

Some days I don't like you much, and I'm trying to change that. I don't know why I ever think negative things about you. You're a pretty cool cat, ya know.  You're cuddly, you're soft. You wear your history on your sleeve, kind of like tree rings and age, I can see what you've gone through. I see your stretch marks, they used to be bright and pink or red when we were younger, but now that we've grown up, they've faded.

You have the cutest button you know. I love our belly button.

You have a lot of nicknames, too! Tummy, tumtum, belly, stomach, pooch, and the dreaded FUPA. Dumb.

Some people hate their bellies, like this girl:


That's ridiculous! Why would I ever get rid of you? I don't want to lose you, lovey tummy.

xoxo 
CORTnie


No comments:

Post a Comment