MY BLOG HAS MOVED!

YOU SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED IN 6 SECONDS. IF NOT, VISIT
thatcortniegirl.com
AND UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!

Monday, April 23

Busy Cortnie

The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally fucked up.
Jessica Valenti
Sorry I've been delayed in posting, everyone! Last week was crazy with work, life, school, and activism! On Wednesday, our new student group at UC, Students Against Victim Blaming, held Cincinnati's first ever Slutwalk! It was a blast, wish it'd been longer but I would have been a sun-roasted tomato by then. Here are some pictures!
It was a damn fun day! In other news, I found out that I can apply for a special grad school program through my major, exciting! People are all confused as to why I'm excited that I can apply, well let me explain! The program I've been granted permission to apply to is fairly new, so you're supposed to say that you want to do it in your junior year. Here I am about to graduate. Haha. So if I get in, I could be graduating about a year from now with my thesis and my masters, opposed to graduating in THREE damn years! This has to happen!
I think that's all for now. I need to bathe and I desperately need to write for my capstone. I'm a bit intimidated, so I've been putting it off. Ahhh.
xoxo
Cortnie
Ps. I've been accepted by The Conversation (a new Lifetime show) to be a guest contributor on their website! I wrote about fat acceptance and body acceptance, naturally. I'll link you all to it once it's posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment